When the heat wave hits, you’re bound to get thirsty! And water, no matter how much you drink it, just doesn’t seem to hit the spot (still aim to drink half your body weight in ounces; and, you can do this by incorporating these Fruit Infused Waters from I Heart Naptime – yay!).
If you’re anything like me, I steer clear from the processed sugary drinks (like soda which makes me feel like crap – and crap is not good on hot days).
With hot days comes BBQs, swim parties and birthday parties. With parties comes those sugary drinks that seem to stare you in the face and say, “Drink Me!” What are you to do? You’re thirsty, it’s hot and now the back of your throat is dry. Well don’t you worry your pretty little head, you can get that refreshing drink, sip away and not feel guilty! Simply bring your fruit-infused water with you or one of the drinks below.
Lulu Lively’s 5 Must-Try Summer Drinks:
- In a blender, blend 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks with 1 cup coconut water and you’re enjoying Lulu Lively’s Pineapple Coconut Slush (I will add a picture next time I make one. They don’t last very long in my household)!
- Combine frozen watermelon, frozen raspberries and a squirt of lime and you have this wonderful Watermelon Raspberry Slushie from Averie Cooks:
- Instead of cruzin’ the Sonic Drive-Thru for a Cherry Limeade, try this Cherry Limeade Smoothie from Minimalist Baker:
- This Peach and Pineapple Tropical Slushie from Simplistically Living combines my two favorite fruits and it’s so simple and delicious!
- If you add honeydew melon to any smoothie, it adds such a delicious sweetness that your taste buds dance. This simple, refreshing Cucumber Melon Smoothie from Girl Makes Food definitely will make your taste buds tango :