Dessert is my downfall when eating healthy. So, I usually avoid buying it at the store because it will be gone in one sitting – we all have our Kryptonite!
Fortunately for all of us sweet-tooths out there, there are healthy options. Such as my Grilled Peaches with Cinnamon Honey Whipped Cream!
Peaches are one of my favorite fruits to devour during summer. And they’re packed with vitamin C, betacarotene and other antioxidants. Score! Just don’t eat too many at once; because, they do have a diuretic effect and you’ll be visiting Uncle John (hehe!).
Here’s the recipe –>
Lulu Lively’s Grilled Peaches with Cinnamon Honey Whipped Cream
- 3 Peaches
- 1 Cup Organic Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 TB Local Honey
- 1 TB Cinnamon
- Fire up your BBQ grill on low.
- While your grill preheats, gently rinse your peaches under running water (here’s a tip: catch the running water in a bowl while rinsing off your peaches and use that water to water your plants around the house).
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the pit.
- Place the halved peaches face down on the grill for 3 minutes.
- Flip the peaches over and grill for another 3 minutes.
- While the peaches are grilling, pour the heavy whipping cream into a bowl, preferably a cold bowl.
- Add in the honey and cinnamon.
- Using a electric hand mixer, place whisks in bowl first and turn on lowest setting.
- Work your way up to the highest setting as whipping cream thickens. Whip for approximately 6 minutes.
- Take the peaches off the grill. Place 2 halves in a bowl and dollop with some whipped cream.
Makes 3 servings. So, share with your friends!